Sign in to follow this  
t_a_h

Tunis Border CTD

Hi Folks,I am sitting here in shock of an CTD after I flue into the near cost of tunis from the north with the path do Djerba. I have not any scenery there, nore do I have any special scenery around that area, not even any mesh that could create problems. What can I do to get rid of this CDT Problem there???_______________________Regards, Torben HadlerBeta-Tester ACLoader 3 + 4http://www.fsflightdeck.com/acloader.htmlT-A-H MultiMedia Productions Torben Hadler - http://www.t-a-h.com || t-a-h@t-a-h.comHardware: CPU: AMD 64 Socket 939 +4000 | MoBo: MSI K8N Neo2 64 | RAM: 2048MB 400MHz DDR | NVIDIA GF7600 | Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS 5.1Ch | CH-YOKE + Peddals; Primary: 17" Belinea TFT * Secondary: Philips 150S4 TFT 15" || Software: Display Resolution used: 1280x1024 in WinXP and FS9.1 | WinXP Pro SP1b (German Version); DX9c | FS9.1 pro (German Versions) - all sliders maxed about 85-95% | ever latest FSUIPC licenced | ASv6 | Alert!! pro | UT 2004 | RC4.x | FSBuild 2 | ACLoader 4.x and much more...

Ground scenery may not be a problem, but what about air scenery? Do you have add on AI traffic? It's possible one aircraft with a bad texture file flew within range at that moment and triggered the CTD.The best way to test for this is to record the day and time of the CTD, then save a start up file just moments before that time. If you can reproduce the CTD at the same day, time, and location without moving your aircraft, it may be an AI aircraft causing the CTD.Finding the aircraft that creates the CTD is a major task in itself. You'll need to eliminate the traffic bgl file(s) until you isolate the file, then try to isolate the aircraft. Reinstalling the texture usually fixes the problem.Also consider that a ground scenery CTD does not have to do with your current location, but any scenery that is read into memory. So it's possible that it's a ground scenery add on somewhere in the visible vicinity of your aircraft, even in the far visible distance.Bruce

Torben,If you are going to check your AI aircraft for issues, I have another suggestion. I recently had this problem and the easiest way I found to determine if the problem was AI related was to first disable all AI traffic and fly the same flightplan. If no CTD, chances are, it is AI related. If it still CTD, then you need to look at scenery (duplicate AFCADs), gauge files, etc. If you confirm it is AI related, what I did to quickly find the problem was to make all of my AI aircraft visible in the FS aircraft menu. Then go through each one to see if it will display in the FS preview window. If there is a bad texture, when you load the bad aircraft, the sim will CTD immediately.Just some ideas to help solve your issue. It took me a while to figure to disable my AI traffic to determine the problem was AI related.Good Luck,Eric