Sign in to follow this  
Bill A

I Got rid of micro stutters via......

Hi all, I want to start a thread here to find out how different people got rid of their micro stutters (if they had them). I just want everyones ideas and I cant try all of them and see if they work. I have tried everything in the book on try to get rid of my micro stutters. My FS9 was running great before I reformatted my machine and ever since the reformat I keep getting micro stutters.I have posts via:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=32197&page=http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=31715&page=2Please help.Regards,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

What about MB drivers Bill? And did you use a driver cleaner to remove all traces of older drivers, when you installed that card? Like I said before, when I cleaned out all my old video drivers and installed fresh, stutters were gone. What are your current settings for your video card? AA? AF? There are a ton of them for that card. Have you tried the automatic overclocking tool? You might have to dig deep and find out what services are running. Because those all got reset when you re-formatted.Better head on over to the FSX forums and look at the top for some of the "How I fixed it" guides.Heres a nice little tweak guide I use. Maybe something in here helps:"NOTE: THIS TWEAK IS NOT ONE FOUND ON FLIGHT SIM SITES. IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE FS9.CFG FILE IS OR WHAT THE CONTENTS MEAN, DON

Thanks for the reply, but I reformatted again before installing the ATI drivers. I started from scratch.Im using 4X AA16X A filteringDisabled Catalist AIDisabled Adaptive AAMipmap Detail set to QualityRegards,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

hello BillHave you installed your M/B's chipset drivers?

Hi, yes...I reformated and installed the Biostar chipset from the CD..with no luck, uninstalled the drivers and installed the ASUS chipset drivers from my other board that I fried which happens to be the same chipset drivers Nforce 3 250gb chipset and still no luck, then in reformated again and installed the Newer (2005) Nforce 3 250gb chipset fromt he Nvidia site which is what Im currently using and no luck again...Ive almost given up hope here.Thanks,Bill

I think Im going to uninstall the chipset drivers and installed the onces that came with my ASUS board since I know that were the drivers it was using when it all worked well before the first reformat.Bill

Another issue could be my HD has alot of wear and tear...I notice that its really loud when its accessing data, and that could be the reason why there is alot of stuttering..Bill