Sign in to follow this  
Guest franksalot

Gear up/Gear down Voices - Gone!

Guest franksalot

A sort of, now you see it, now you don't story :)One day as I was taking off in my PSS B772 I heard an American female voice say "Gear up, please!" after a few seconds back came an American Male voice with "Gear up, ma'am". (similar for the gear down instruction) I have no idea where those sound effects came from, I did not,knowingly, install them. But I thought it sounded great. Now the sad part, about a month ago my Fs9 installation suffered a catastrophic wipeout, I 'lost' about 40% of my files, including the in Gear Up/Down voices!I have searched my Fs9 (now repaired) installation top to bottom without success, also the Avsim File Library, nothing found.If anyone can help, I would appreciate it.Ken

Guest franksalot

I must be the only one then. I thought it may have been FS2Crew, but I've checked that.

Guest franksalot

I'm surprised no one else is using those sounds. If I find them I'll report back.Ken

Hello I had these sounds,but for the life of me i cant remember where they came from.I examined all my aircraft sound files and the FS9 sound file but still cant find them.I'll see if i can locate them and if i do i will let you know.PS they where defiantly the ones you described,because of the gear up MA MM.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest franksalot

Hi, thanks for your reply,"because of the gear up MA MM" - it was the 'ma'am' that got me hooked on it :) Seemed like the PNF knew who was Boss!Ken

Hello KenGot it for you.This is the file name 777_ge-90_the_real_deal_v.2.zip available here at avsim.Nearly drove myself mad hunting it down,i felt sure it was in a 777 but every 777 i checked in my aircraft folder drew a blank. I finally tracked it down to my Documents(FSdownloads) folder where i found the original zip file and voil

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest franksalot

Hi Andy, that's it!! great, thanks very much. Working fine.Ken