Sign in to follow this  
dfish

CTD

Twice now, while on close final to EGKK RWY8R I've had a CTD at the exact time I tried to switch views. It's not a memorey problem, I still had 1.8 GIGS.I was usig the PMDG 737-700, RC, FS2Crew and Active Sky 1500 ft ceiling. The fact the both CTD's happend while changiing views, I think that may have something to do with it.Ideas?Dave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeForce 7600GT/512 OC'dMaxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDAntec 500watt true powerSharp 19 inch LCD MonitorSaitek AV8R-01 Joystickhttp://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

Guest almkennedy

Hi Dave, try running filemon (a utility you can download from a variety of places) and run it in the background getting it to log all fs9.exe activities. Then reproduce your CTD and check the log file that filemon produces. It might point to a texture that it cant find or that has somehow got corrupted.

Guest kittie

I've had the same problem just recently, but coming into CYYZ. It would always happen around the sam alt. Sometimes in changing views, sometimes working with the fmc. So I thought maybe it was the aircraft. So I re installed the aircraft and re did the flight. Boom same area, CTD. To fix my problem, I turned off all add on scenery. I was luckey and I save the flight right before it crashes so I could load it up and see if I could fix this. I would try doing a flight and save just before you know were it crashes.Once all the add on scenery was disabled. I did the flight. No problem. No CTD, I then started to add one at a time and boom, found it. In my case it was Ontario Farmland scenery. I'm guessing it conflicting with something else because it use to work fine. Once I disabled that, I have had no more CTD.Hope this helps.There's always a reason, you just have to find it. It's more than likely a scenery thing. These can be very frustrating indeed. I was on my YSSY-CYYZ flight, 17 Hours and 30 minutes into the flight when my CTD. I'm so glad I saved the flight just before. I turned off all scenery and made my landing.Good Luck.:-wave

I'm going to reproduce the flight tonight, BTW, EGKK is a payware scenery. Wasn't there a problem with Ultimate Terrain Europe awhile back?Dave F.