Sign in to follow this  
ecagan

Wilco Airbus vol 2 and CTD-maybe bad scenery file?

I've posted before about my CTD issue and the Wilco Airbus Vol 2, but unfortunately, the Feelthere team wasn't able to reproduce my CTD with the -1c version of the airbus vol 2. They don't have any third party software installed on their fs9. That is now pointing me to a possible bad scenery file. My question is, is unchecking the addon sceneries I have installed in fs9 enough? Do I need to totally uninstall them from fs9? I don't have any CTD issues with any other aircraft so I would like to start out unchecking all of them to see if that helps and then turn on a few at a time but wanted to make sure I didn't need to do anything else. To make it an accurate test, I wanted to ensure unchecking was good enough to disable their effects.Also, I've seen some posts about terrain.cfg and how some scenery files update this in some way. Does someone have any more information on this?Thanks,Eric

I'm pleased to announce that I finally figured out what was causing my CTDs. I had the old freeware FSGenesis mesh in my SceneryWorldScenery folder. After removing all of them, I had no CTD. At this point, I'm not sure which of these files is causing the problem or all of them. Is anyone flying the Wilco Airbus vol 2 in fs9 with the payware FSGenesis? I'm not sure where I downloaded them from since it was a long time ago but all the files are prepended with dem38_. I've attached a screenshot of the files in question.Eric

Guest scoeva

Hello Eric,I have the payware FS Genesis and I am flying the Wilco Vol. 2 with no CTD's as of late. I had problems not to long ago but since Version 1c came out I haven't had any problems(knock on wood).Scott

Guest SKireyev

I have current FSGenesis stuff, and I have experienced CTDs twice while flying with a 346. Once over Europe, once over North Africa. That was with version 1a. Scott, what issues did you have, and did 1c appear to fix those issues?Cheers,

Guest scoeva

Sergey,I had problems with CTD's when I would fly routes across the Atlantic(CYYZ-EDDF). The CTD's would happen approximately halfway. Ever since 1c was released the CTD's have stopped.Scott.

Thanks Scott. I asked the FSGenesis folks and they had never heard of FSGenesis causing CTDs. I'm still not 100% of that either but it may be 3 things clashing like the Wilco Airbus, the freeware mesh and some other scenery I have installed. During testing, I unchecked all my addon scenery but I still believe that unless I remove it totally from the FS9 folders, they are still read. I guess that is something I can test after I get home (I'm away for Christmas). I'm just glad that I can fly now!I think the vol 1 aircraft are still experiencing the CTD due to the VORs without DMEs though. I don't think I can do anything about that until they provide a patch.Eric