Sign in to follow this  
bucifan

Airport Polygon Grass Textures

Does anyone know of any better files for the airport polygon grass textures? The winter textures (not hard winter) are really bad. I thought I had some better ones that blend better with GE Pro. I have found bmp''s that change the detail, but they do no change the colors. I believe these are the 139xxxx.bmp thru 143xxxx.bmp in the scenery/world/texture folder.Thanks!Rick

There are some photo real grass textures that are very nice and don't impact the frame rate much. Looking outside the window sometimes I go Wow cuz I forgot I loaded those textures. Looks pretty good even snowy.Search for "photograss.zip" and you shall have them. Thanks to the author, Moskvin Stanislav, the plain funky rendered ground is much more realistic.

Guest cloudflyer

I just tried these textures. Quite different and in some ways better than default. However, in spot view, the grass texture is moving. It all makes a rapid small shifting motion making it look like the grass goes under the runways or the runways are floating on the grass. Anyone else notice this?Michael