Sign in to follow this  
Guest brianw22

Please help with AI Problem

Guest brianw22

Hi.I've posted this on the WOAI forums too but thought I'd try here too.I hope somebody can help here.In the past couple of weeks my FS has developed a serious stutter (actually better described as jerking!) & it only happens with AI activated.Over the weekend I reformatted my system & obviously reinstalled FS, all utilities, scenery aircraft etc & all was fine until I installed my AI aircraft & traffic bgl's.The stutter is intermittent but primarily happens soon after top of descent when I go off FMC or GPS navigation control to direct autopilot. The stutter will then last anywhere from 30 seconds to 3 or 4 minutes.I just can't seem to get to the bottom of this. Anyone got any suggestions?Thanks

By definition, at that stage of your flight you are approaching your destination airport - which may in fact be a city with several airports nearby.I was told here recently that if you have more AI aircraft than parking at any [major] airport within about 100 miles, then FS will be doing all sorts of stuff in the background trying to fit it all in.So make sure you have Afcads with plenty of parking at all big airports nearby and try turning your traffic percentage down a bit.Personally, I try to use the MRAI installer, this gives you the option of randomising the AI percentage in each set of airline flightplans you install or setting each flight to 1%.I don't know if you can do the same in WOAI, but I think it's a good idea to randomise the big airlines (BA, Air France, United, Delta) and leave the small ones at 1%. That way, you can avoid having 35 BA identical Airbusses lined up at Heathrow but still have the variety of the small airlines.

ngxu_banner.png

Guest H_Kev55

To see if in fact the surrounding AI are causing the frame rates to drop, simply lower the setting for AI and see what happens.If the stutter goes away with fewer AI, then there is your problem.Where do you have your traffic slider at now?KJ

Guest brianw22

Thanks for the suggestions. I've also read of the Afcad issue & although I've not experienced the problem I made sure that I had the best available afcad for all my major airports.I usually run AI at 100% but dropped it to 15% & that didn't help. However I think I have found the problem. I used GA-Traffic to generate GA flightplans & noticed that the bgl came out at 105mb. I took it out & on the very short test I did yesterday all went well. I'll test more thoroughly today & let you knowThanks both for your suggestions - they are appreciatedRegardsBrian

You have to have AFCAD files with parking for all your AI traffic at ALL the airports which you fly over and within 100 nm of your destination.Many people have stutter issues approaching New York or London - and since they have good AFCAD files for KEWR, KLGA, KJFK or EGLL, EGLL - they think that enough.But for New York, you've got White Plains, Republic, Tererboro and other airports in New York, Conn and NJ active.For London there are about 24 airports - there should be about 800-1000 planes active in the London area with added GA only slightly more than the default level of flight plans.