Sign in to follow this  
Guest dbuck

Vistaliners 727 Aircraft Not Showing Up

I installed Vistaliners 727 and some of the add-on texture aircraft downloads are not showing up when I install, but first let me say that I have done this alot over a period of years so I know how to add aircraft to an existing file. I have check the cfg file and the name texture=delta against the the texture folder which says "texture=delta", I also install EM-120 and have got the same problems with some of the aircraft. I have check and recheck the editing of the cfg file to be sure it's right and haven't found a problem, except for the name of the aircraft it's all about the same. I run Vista Home Edition.Any help would be appreicated, I've run out of ideas.Thanks,dbuck

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Unless you made a typo when you wrote the post - I believe the texture files should follow this format ----texture.delta (a dot not an = sign)and the line in the cfg file would read as you have it -texture=deltaAny help ?

Yes I made a typo when I wrote the post, sorry about that, typing to fast.

I suspected as much -Couple of other things you can check -Often the additions to the cfg file as included in a repaint may not match the original.example:[fltsim.2]title=Vistaliners Boeing 727-200Adv Frontiersim=B727200A_VLmodel=panel=sound=texture=frontieratc_id=N8856Eatc_heavy=0atc_flight_number=722atc_airline=FrontierThat will not work if the original is sim=B727200_VL. (no "A" in the name)the sim= line must match the name of the .air file so unless you also had an airfile named B727200A_VL.air you would not see anything.I have been down that road with the VistaLiners and lost a lot of hair until I finally figured out what was amiss.