Sign in to follow this  
Guest dudeman

FS9 100% CPU and 3.2FPS

Hi all.I have never found the need to post for help yet, but now I need it.Two days ago out of the blue my FS9 started to go wacky on me.Here is the scoop:Load up the sim,Choose a flight I have done before with no problem,Sim loads and all is fine 17-19FPS ( I know not great but it works for me)CPU is at 8-15%Switch to outside view, all ok,Pan around frames drop to 3-5FPS and CPU load goes to 100% a stays put.:-madCan not do much so I exit the sim to normal way, check the Task Manager and FS9.exe is still running! :-hmmmI have to right click on it and end process to get it to end????????????Anyone else had this happen?I have not made any changes to cause this to happen.One day ok, next day un-useable.Thanks.Dave.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Have you installed any software recently unrelated to FS9? Or, are you running multiple screens?I run multiple monitors and about once a week my FS9 loads up and out of the blue it sticks at abou 1 - 2 FPS, kind of like yours. I find the only way it clears is if I shut down the sim, reboot the computer, run my usual FSStartUp again like I always do, and then go back in. It has to do with my video card multiple screen handling software that came with my driver set up. If FSAutoStart doesn't shut it down properly, then I'm screwed and have to kill it myself by using this method.Hope this helps, or at least gives you an idea or two.

Can't say I know exactly what is going on but your symptoms look a bit like the graphics card driver may be having a problem and the computer is then trying to render the frames with it's basic drivers (like in safe mode). Have you had a look in the event log to see if there are any hints there?Geoff