Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

PANIC! Lost Registered FSNav!, then Recovered (whew!)

After quite a while of enjoying FSX (along with the traditional frustrations), I decided to crank FS2004, PFE/PF2000 and the IFly 747 for a SMOOTH and event less flight from KJFK to LLBG.To my distress, when I pressed the F9 key to bring up FSNav, it told me that I had used up my free 20 flights and would have to pay and/or register to use it any more (of course a purchase is now tragically not possible).I looked in my files, including backups, including DVD's, including CD's going back to the original dates of FS9, and could not find my key to save my life. I had thought that when FS9 came out that a new purchase and key had been purchased. I have reforamtted and reinstalled several times over the years with no problem, including the reinstallation of FSNav, so I was really puzzled.As a last resort, I started looking back into the saved paper work from years past. I found my key from December 12, 2001 and tried that. It worked fine and up came all the NavData. I assume this old memory was incorrect realtive to the requirement of an upgraded purchase for FS9, or at least if it was, the original key purchase was still in effect.No changes have been made to FS9 for many Months, so I have no idea why it suddenly came up as unregistered installation, but if anyone else runs into this, your old key should work to reactivate the NavData. Hope this saves someone from some misery.Respectfully:RTH

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have my origional email dated Dec. 30th 2000 with my key. I have never had your problem but the key always works whenever I format and reinstall. Maybe the ini file had a problem as that is where the registration key code is kept. Who knows.JimCYWG