Sign in to follow this  

How to activate E-Dwireless Glasses?

Hi guys,just ONE question:I own E-Dimmensional wireless Glasses - How to activate them within FS2k2?Regards,T-A-H MultiMedia Productionshttp://www.t-a-h.comt-a-h@t-a-h.comAMD TB 2400; Epox 8k3a+; 768MB 2100 DDR; Aopen GF4 4200 550MHz; CH-YOKE + Peddals; 17" Dell Monitor; WinXP Pro (German Version); FS2k2 pro (German Version)

Guest outtatimeiii

I never used the E-D glasses before, but I used the analglyph (red and blue) mode on my other comp's 8MB nVidia Vanta card. So the process seems around the same. Just get the Stereo drivers off of nVidia's site and install them, reboot as nessessary. Then go to the GF4 control panel in your case (Display propertiesadvancedGF4 tab) and go to Stereo properties. You should be able to use Anaglyph or 3d glasses mode and configure/test them. I could of missed a step in between, I havent done this in a while :).I am not really a nVidia card user, I got a ATI card on my comp. But my older K6-400 system has a Vanta in it, and the control panel things seem universal throughout the nVidia line.

Hi,well, sofare I was already going well, but when I have set all as it should, I still dont know how to activate the 3D effect for my glasses when I am within FS2k2. I know how to configure the driver and settings, but not how to turn them ON for FS2k2.Any idea?Regards,T-A-H MultiMedia Productionshttp://www.t-a-h.comt-a-h@t-a-h.comAMD TB 2400; Epox 8k3a+; 768MB 2100 DDR; Aopen GF4 4200 550MHz; CH-YOKE + Peddals; 17" Dell Monitor; WinXP Pro (German Version); FS2k2 pro (German Version)

Hello T_a_h...Boy, are you in for a surprise! I had those e-Diminsional things (wireless), and get never get used to them; eye strain/fatigue.Anyway, if I remember correctly, there is this little button thing on top, between the left & the right lense. If you want to test if they are working properly, either cover the infrared sensor (if wireless) or move out of range (about 6ft. or so); the display on the monitor will start flashing, because you are not in sync. I notice that if you reset your display (alt+Enter 2x's; window & back to full-screen), that usually helps refresh the stereo image. I rarely saw anything 3d, when first powering up FS2002.Believe me... you will know when they start to work. Just a little hint: on the 3d interface panel (display properties), adjust the stereo separation. If you have too much separation, you will see "ghost" images of the aircraft, etc; i.e., kind of like looking at one of those old 3-d posters with out the red/blue cardboard glasses.You might notice a slight drop in color; try adjusting the color depth; also, try adjusting the Brightness; perhaps 20% or so (?). It's been a while, so I hope that this helps.I hope that you have better luck with yours than I did. Even after returning them (for refund), things just did not look the same... even after I had un-installed the 3d software & the required 30.87 drivers (for Nvidia). I had done everything possible (per recommendations from the knowledgeable gang at these forums), such as removing old drivers, etc. I ended up having to re-format my hd & re-install Win98.I am not knocking the glasses that you had bought. Alot of people had pretty good luck with them; guess that I was not one... or perhaps I just did not give myself a chance to get used to the things.P.S. Despite what e-diminsional claims, the products listed in the Compatibility web page do not necessarily work with the glasses; forinstance, CFS2 looked like... well, no comment. With Links2001, when moving the player, swing gauge, etc., you see image "trails"; not just "ghost" images.... they remain there. The only possible way to correct this is to turn the glasses off (obviously) or set the stereo separation to 0%, in which case, has no effect, anyway. Not quite sure if the 3d glasses will work online.If I have provided any misleading information, I apologize. Just trying to help a fellow simmer :)Stanley. P.S. Do you (or anybody else) happen to know if FS98 will work with Windows XP; I wanted to give the flight sim to my young nephew.

Hi Stanley,somehow I have to reboot my brain. Ah.. after setting up my 3D driver within nvidia control panel, I wonder how to activate the glasses. I have the choice of activate them by key command or have them ON all the time. I prefere by key command. But when to use it? I dont wanna have the effect just by working - not flying. But when I start FS2k2, these key commands are not avayable. Cant the 3D effect turn on automaticly when I start FS2k2? Why is there a control panel just for games within the 3D stereo control panel?Regards,T-A-H MultiMedia Productionshttp://www.t-a-h.comt-a-h@t-a-h.comAMD TB 2400; Epox 8k3a+; 768MB 2100 DDR; Aopen GF4 4200 550MHz; CH-YOKE + Peddals; 17" Dell Monitor; WinXP Pro (German Version); FS2k2 pro (German Version)

>Hi Stanley, >>somehow I have to reboot my brain. Ah.. after setting up my >3D driver within nvidia control panel, I wonder how to >activate the glasses. I have the choice of activate them by >key command or have them ON all the time. I prefere by key >command. But when to use it? I dont wanna have the effect >just by working - not flying. But when I start FS2k2, these >key commands are not avayable. Cant the 3D effect turn on >automaticly when I start FS2k2? Why is there a control panel >just for games within the 3D stereo control panel? >>>>Regards, >T-A-H MultiMedia Productions >http://www.t-a-h.com >t-a-h@t-a-h.com >>AMD TB 2400; Epox 8k3a+; 768MB 2100 DDR; Aopen GF4 4200 >550MHz; CH-YOKE + Peddals; 17" Dell Monitor; WinXP Pro >(German Version); FS2k2 pro (German Version)Hi again, T-A-H...The key commands should be available, my friend. It's been a while, so I am not sure how to assign them; perhaps through the e-diminsional software interface? If you'll notice, there are some little features, such as converting 2d images (.jpegs, .bmps, etc.) to 3d.As for working for only games... I am assuming that you mean why not internet (and / or why is can you not make the Desktop 3d (?). It's kind of like the regular settings of your video card (w ith standard drivers), where features, such as anti-alias, anistropic filtering, OpenGL, etc., don't really apply to desktop applications, word processors, etc. Yes... it would be nice if you could download "girlie" pictures, and have it look as though a beauty was really popping into really in your room - (wish I had that kind of luck with the real thing). lol. :(I really never gave the 3d glasses a chance to work (due to eye strain, etc.), so I really did not explore all the options & capabilities of the things; besides, alot of programs/games that I have were not supported... despite e-diminsionals' claim on their web site. Sure... they'll say "anything", just to sell them. lolI had very unfavorable results with alot of software... even when the 3d glasses were not activated. Must have been a combination of the 3d software & the stereo drivers (Nvidia, in my case) that were required.It just was not worth it to "sacrifice" a few programs, just so that FS2002 would look good in 3d. It took months, just to get my system back to "normal", after having un-install the 3d software & stereo drivers... a freakin' nightmare :(.I sure hope that you and all others have better luck than I did. I was lucky enough to be able to return them within the thirty-day trial period... except for the fact that I had lost 15% on the return/re-stocking fee. Oh well, a small price for a lesson well learned. lolIf you have any other questions, please ask :)Stanley

Howdy T-A-H,I see you are using WinXP so be sure and have the proper driver for yur G4 card. with WinXP I find the best driver to use for Stero glasses is the 4282 drivers. With this driver or any of the 40xx or above numbered drivers, one must use the Stero Drivers for the 40xx Stero Drivers downloaded from the E-D website, http://www.edimensional.com/software_updates.html or from say the guru3d. com website. With WinXP you have to use these Stero Drivers. With WinMe or Win98, one uses for best results the 3082 or 3087 series, and they match. In WinXP I have never gotten any drivers above the 42xx to work with the updated 3087 drivers that are wropped for use with the 40xx drivers. These updated drivers are from Russia. They are not official by any means however they work. If you download these Stero Drivers from http://download.guru3d.com/They are abut a 23Megabyte download and contain some pretty nifty 3d images of real world GA planes from Russia. The next thing download from E-Dimensional the 3D Activator. I find that under WinXP I must run first the 3D Activator, right click the little blue glasses in your tray after running it. Click the Page Flip, then click the Stero-On/Resync. after doing this put FS2k2 into fullscreen mode and in Virtual Cockpit and you should have 3D Stero going. Now if the picture doesn't look quite right, hit Alt+Enter to go back into a windowed mode, then immediately hhit Alt+Enter to go back into full screen. I find that sometimes I must do this a couple of times to get the cockpit view sorted out and the sync to be right. Under WinMe or Win98 one didn't have to go into all this garbage provided you had the 3082 or 3087 matched drivers loaded and working. There were however other issues with these drivers. Another suggestion, is to run at least at first in 1024x768 resolution to be sure and get your screen resolution at least 100hz or better. Again under WinMe we didn't have to use the 3D Activator to get the proper sync, but I find that with WinXP I must use the Activator. Of course we had to use the Activator anyway for the 3D viewer that comes with the nVidia Stero Drivers.Please forgive any spelling errors or typos, Children of Dune is coming on and I don't have time to proof read this. I'll reread it later and if this doesn't make sense, I may redo the whole message. :D

Thax a big bunch!YOur the only one who replies and gives me just the right way the info I need. Thanx again!Regards,T-A-H MultiMedia Productionshttp://www.t-a-h.comt-a-h@t-a-h.comAMD TB 2400; Epox 8k3a+; 768MB 2100 DDR; Aopen GF4 4200 550MHz; CH-YOKE + Peddals; 17" Dell Monitor; WinXP Pro (German Version); FS2k2 pro (German Version)

Glad that, the above post helped some.There are several issues with the 3D glasses, however once you get them working, all the headaches, hassles and aggrevation are soon forgotten, in the wonder of 3D Sterographic Hologram effects. :)There is a learning curve at work here, but again have patience, work with the glasses a little at a time, you will be well rewarded if you stick with your guns, and resolve to learn to use the glasses. Of course that is my personal opinion only. I don't run every flight in Stero. For instance I find Stero enjoyable for the general aviation type of aircraft, that I personally fly in real life. When I occasionally fly bigger aircraft, I find the 2D panels are better, and do not use the Stero effect. For Cessnas such as the default, Cardinal 177 or the Dreamfleet Archer, Stero is at its finest. Not to mention the Commander 115 from FSD. The Meridian from Flight1 is about the biggest panel I find I enjoy in 3D, most of the twins, I find are better in 2D and without the virtual cockpit.If you have further trouble, post here, there are several avid users of the E-Dimensional glasses that are on the forum quite regularly. Also if you find a trick or two, be sure and post your findings so the rest of us may learn. That is the beauty of these forums.

>Thax a big bunch! >>YOur the only one who replies and gives me just the right >way the info I need. Thanx again! >Hint taken: Oh... sorry if my* information was misleading and/or inaccurate. :( * referring to reply #3 & #5