Sign in to follow this  
Olympic260

Problem with scenery entries at FS

Hello all,Yesterday I d/l a scenery from the library for RKSI. This scenery was installed using the installer provided by the creator. Starting FS the scenery index was updated correctly and the scenery.cfg was updated. I flew normaly and after landing I shut down FS. Restarting FS later I saw that the scenery index was rebuild again and going to the scenery library on FS I saw that there were now 4 entries for this scenery. Shutting down FS and restarting again, the scenery indexed was rebuild and know there were 6 entries. All pointing the same directory. No matter if I deleted the entries or changing priorities these were recreating and always at top level.After that I decided to delete the scenery, I did that using the unistaller in the scenery BUT now every time I restart FS the scenery index is rebuilding and getting the message that the scenery area xxx is not found, which is correct since the scenery is deleted and no folders or other traces exist. My question is from where it reads and adds this scenery in the scenery.cfg??????? I am in FS more than 10 years and active scenery designer and firt time I see this. I have check everywhere, registry fs folder win folder and didn't find any trace of this scenery.Any ideas??Chris

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

IIRC Chris I think this type of fault is because an entry is placed in the scenery cache folder, if using XP C:Documents and SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftFS9SceneryCache

Thx Vulcan, I found what it was...On main FS folder there was a Newscenery.cfg file which is used by FS to rebuild the scenery index each time a new scenery added. For some reason this file wasn't deleted when the scenery addition was made and resulted to the stange behaviour. I deleted it and everything works fine now :)Chris

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com