Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

DXTBitmap program What is it?

Would someone please explain what this DXTBitmap program is, what it does and where do you get it. Thanks jerrycwo4

Briefly, the program is used to view and/or change texture files to other formats which FS2004 can use more efficiently.It can be downloaded from:http://www.fly.to/mwgfxClick on the DXTBMP icon at the bottom of the page for more info and an option to download it.Hope this helps.

DXT = DirectX Texture, images that have special formats that are useful for use in creating 3d objects on screen. They differ from the typical image you might see (Windows bmp, jpeg, gif) in a couple of ways:the image is sized by a power of 2, mostly (but not always) square, such as 1024x1024 or 512x512.the image uses certain number of bits to represent red green and blue color (varies by format).the image includes reduced-size copies of itself (mipmaps).the image includes additional, non-color bits (typically interpreted as transparency)the image may use a special compression that the graphics card can decompress (also known as DXT compression).The DXTbmp allows conversion of formats, and also allows conversion of images in typical formats used in drawing or photo editing programs.scott s..

Guest DreamFleet

It's a fancy version of "Image Tool" that comes with FS. Great utility. I use it all the time with FS9, and I have been privileged to have met the man, and smoked many a cigarette with him, who programmed it; Martin Wright of Just Flight. :)Now that I have quit smoking, the next time I see Martin (a great guy) we'll just have to go for a drink instead; that's something I am not planning to give up! ;)Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg