Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

AI Concorde question

I'm using the ARNZ Concorde as part of my AI traffic but having a problem getting a handle on the schedule. Does it really fly at 1340 mph, mach 2.0 ? I'm not sure that AI's can travel that fast. The other aircraft usually come in about the time they're scheduled but the Concorde always seems to run way late. I don't like to use the "@" forced arrival as the aircraft weird out sometimes when you use that. Appreciate any feedback.Thanks

Hi,The speed used in the aircraft.cfg file determines how far out it will be placed when you load an airport, for example. Since you have a very high speed there (I assume), it will be loaded far from the airport and will arrive late. You can reduce this speed, but it might cause some odd behavior when the plane is loaded while cruising. But since this is normally over the ocean you may never see it. :)PS. This speed setting will have no effect on its actual cruise speed in flight.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Ah, now I get it. This makes perfect sense. So in the case of the Concorde, it's probably a good idea to use the @ forced ETA. Other subsonics seem to arrive within about 10 min of their scheduled time so not much need to do anything there.Thanks for clarifying this.

The usual issue with the Concorde flight plans is the flight level.FS2004 does not generate aircraft far enough out to properly descend more than about 35,000 ft to the runway.If your Concorde flight plan is set for FL500 or higher, the aircraft will have to descend at 8-10,000 FPM to possibly make the runway. If you are lucky, the aircraft will make a long overflight and long pattern, landing a bit late. If you are unlucky, the aircraft will overstress on descent and disappear.The arrival time in the flight plans is not the time of arrival at the runway or at the gate.FS2004 takes the arrival time in the traffic file and backtimes it for 15 minutes. That is when the aircraft is created in the airport area/ active AI zone. That 15 minutes should be sufficient for a normal flight from FL350 or lower to make it to the airport, if AI traffic levels are sufficiently low.That's the arrival time in the flight plan calculated by Traffic Tools without the @ symbol in the flight plan.If the @ symbol is in the flight plan, TrafficTools takes the time in the FP, and writes a time 15 min earlier into the traffic file. Then FS backtimes the flight an additional 15 min.