Sign in to follow this  
Gnominator

All digital instrument readouts are gone...

Hello everyone,I have got a major problem at hand here:I just finished installing my flightsim, had the F1 ATR 72 installed. Everything was fine.Now I install the Eurowings 2004 Package to fly my beloved BAe146 again and there is the problem: All my digital readouts are gone, even the Standard Cessna does not show me any text on the radios and nav equipment, the ATR does not show any digital readouts on the engine gauges...FSUIPC hasn't been overwritten by a previous version, I ruled that one out myself but I really cannot find any other possible reason for all the radios and nav gauges showing no text.Maybe someone here has already experienced the same... I would be really glad as my only other choice would be to reinstall the whole thing.Cheers,Robert

Guest James451

I did experience this with the default radios but can't really remember the solution. It may have been something to do with the quartz font being messed up somehow. I tried searching for my post but can't find it.

It sounded like a font issue to me as well. I would run filemon to find out what font(s) your planes are seeking and from where. If it's missing filemon will show "FILE NOT FOUND".Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Thank you all for your tips.The problem was kind of self limiting.... After restarting the PC and the sim a few times it started displaying the instruments again.I did not change anything at all, nonetheless the readouts are back... happy times, since I do not have to re-install the whole mess again.Filemon though shows some interesting details about FS9 searching for BGLs it doesn't find. These belong to the standard scenery of the north american continent... I did not see any missing pieces during a test flight there, so I guess these files don't really matter.Cheers and thanks again,Robert