Sign in to follow this  
Guest zanadu6365

Ok I must be a bad pilot or...

Guest zanadu6365

After many years I am trying to get myself ready to fly online with vatsim again. One of the things it says to do is go throught the check rides in FS9 well.. I must be a bad pilot because even thoughI am at 2k feet, perhaps going 98-102 knots wings level.. it keepsfailing me.. i am about ready to see if the PC can fly!it either keeps telling me I am going too slow or I rolled out too soon.. I don't see how.. I do exactly everything it says to doto the letter..So.. am I a bad pilot in need of keep redoing the check ride oris the actual check ride buged? I don't let things get under my skin too much, but when I KNOW I am doing it right and someone,or something tells me I am not, in this case I can see I am doingit right.. 2k feet Check, 100 kts.. check.. wings level.. check...then "I'm sorry you need to redo the ride again".. grrr.I will keep redoing it till I can pass.. perhaps it is the new yoke..my first one so that might be it.. not used to it..Example.. I could use the joystick and land the LvLD 767 on the runway.. now it seems I am hitting so hard the gear collapses..didn't even know they simulated that!Anyway This was a rant/question..

Guest zanadu6365

go figure.. I come on.. type all that.. then I pass..But I restarted FS9.. must have been something wrong is all I can say. did it first try...Edit:lol me again.. doing the IFR stuff..decided to do the lessons before the checkride...Sad that even the auto pilot cant even fly the plane right..since "I was distracted" it ended the lesson... only part is..I wsn't supposed to be flying.. it said sit back and listen.. so Idid. Didn't listen too long. *shakes head*

Guest ha5mvo

Good luck with the instrument checkride ;)You'll be one of very few if you do manage to pass it .....

instruments, are those the clockie looking things on the dashboard?i always thought you just kept the blue part up and the green/brown part down....You can fly VFR in VATSIM, just ask for Flight-Following, I use VATSIM all the time and conditions permitting I go VFR or if it's bad, I file IFR. With the use of voice for communications, it's a great flying environment.Good luck,Dale Baker

I find the lessons way too picky.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest Albatross7107

The biggest thing I hate is how it stops... I've never been to flight school IRL, so maybe I'm mistaken, but I didn't think that if you goofed up that then "beamed" you back to the terminal and vaporized the plane :DWhy don't they let you continue and then give you a full critique when your back on the ground? Say... I don't know, a flight analysis that shows what you did AND WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE...To say nothing of that so [CENSORED] patronizing "You seem a little distracted..."

That makes too much sense :)

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel.