Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest 28right

Wingflex Effects: Who Do You Think Has The Best, Etc?

One thing I enjoy in FS9 are wingviews from a passenger's perspective (something I now have set up in virtually all my addon commercial aircraft). To that end, I now consider wingviews and flexing wings as a mandatory feature of any aircraft I download (I sure wish the beautiful Kittyhawk 737-200's had it!) I have noticed how wingflex effects have changed, if not improved, over time on several manufacturers' aircraft.I am, however, torn between some of the latest wingflex effects and some of the slightly earlier ones. For example, Posky's V4 747's (which I love) now have wingflex effects that respond to turbulence, unlike their V3 747's. Yet, (at least some of the) V3 747's had a very convincing flexing action upon touchdown and while taxiing that the V4 747's do not have (at least not near to the same level, IMHO). Additionally, the V3 effects are equally present on replay and/or video playback while the V4 effects are not (at least not to the same level or on the video recording program I use).So, my questions are:1) Who's commercial aircraft do you think has the best wingflex effects (freeware or payware) and why?2) How important are winflex effects to you and which ones are the most important (turbulence vs. ground effects, for example)?3) Do you think we'll see yet another generation of wingflex effects for FS9 aircraft that might include the best of both worlds (turbulence and ground)?4) Do you think it's important that whatever effects are present during the regular simulation are also equally apparent during replay?5) has anyone found a recording program that will replay wingflex effects to the same level as the regular simulation?Thanks for the input...28right

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Er.....I take it that most would have answered part one of question #2 with "extremely low" or "not important at all" at this point! : - /28 right

On the older POSKY 74's, I believe the wing flex animation was tied entirely to the main gear animation at touch down, and as far as I know this was the standard manner of implementing wing flex for most gmax/FSDS modellers ('tied' is perhaps not the best word to describe it - really it was simply all part of the same animation). Obviously this method only allowed for movement when the gear was moving, so apart from take-off and landing the wings stayed in their respective positions.Then came the advent of XML programming, which I would not pretend to understand, sufficed to say that it allows for many aspects of flight sim aircraft animation and realism to be independantly programmed.Presumably these methods are affected in different ways by replays, recording, and so on, and beyond future developments, perhaps these limitations cannot be worked around.Some of the best wing flex action I have seen recently, is on the SCS Tupolev 134. In turbulence the animation is absolutely brilliant. This is obviously XML programming.Regards,Al.