Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jet Ranger

Flattex program fault?

Guest Jet Ranger

Im trying to use Flattex V101, Ive used this many times before on my old PC, Im trying to use it again now on my new pc but when I click on the NW co-ordinates it just keeps showing S4830

Try hitting your Space bar so you are facing North before attempting to get the coordinates. If that does not work, read on.There are better programs to use to make flattens.I use Steve Greenwoods excellent FST flatten program which creates bgl flattens - no line has to be added to the scenery.cfg entry. It will also create flattens in irregular shapes and that can be very useful.You can find his utilities here:http://home.earthlink.net/~smgreenwood/downloads/Hope these ideas are helpful

Guest Jet Ranger

I've done that still shows up the same I'm actually trying to do an exclude not flatten also it just wont give me the other co-ordinate just keeps say too far North or east or!! you get the idea.

I would suggest using the ExeBuilder program -Again it creates BGL excludes - no line to be added to the scenery.cfg file.I wrote a Tutorial about using ExeBuilder so you might want to take a look at it also.A search for tutorial_correction.zip will bring up a screen here at Avsim which has the Tutorial, a small correction to the Tutorial and the ExeBuilder program link also.

Guest Jet Ranger

Funnily enough I was downloading that program but now when I try & start it its showing this message (see photo)I downloaded this file & placed it in my windowssystem folder still same message I have msxml 4.0 sp2 installed.

Placing the dll is not always all that is required.It needs to be recorded in the registry.Go to this site - virtually every dll ever created is there - and read the instructions for adding the dll in question to the registry.http://www.dll-files.com/

Guest Jet Ranger

ok, I looked at the tutorial placed the file in the SYSTEM32 folder followed the instructions to register it & the program now works Thank you