Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

Any websites that show NG737 sub-types?

Guest ThrottleUp

Hallo everyone,I like flying real-life routes in flight sim and enjoy looking at Flight Aware and then picking a flight to do in the sim.The Boeing 737NGs are my favorite to fly.Is there a way of using a site such as Flight Aware (or is there another similar site out there) that goes into more detail about NG737 aircraft sub-types? I was wondering if there was a way to find out if the NG737 used on a chosen route was a winglet model or non-winglet model.I will use the Boeing 737-800 codes as an example: 73H = 737-800 (winglets) 738 = 737-800 (without winglets) As far as I can tell Flight Aware only shows up "B738". Or is there a way to search for the wingletted -800s?Thanks for any advice :)

Flightaware is using the airline FAA flightplan submission data. That does not include whether such sub definitions. Winglets do not really affect the weight a speed/performance envelope for FAA maneuvering consideration purposes of expected IAS and climb/descent performance through all phases.Some airlines have mixed wing versions of the type adding winglets as maintenance time and budgets allow. Your best bet is to check out the airline web site (link on the Flightaware expanded flight informmation page) or possibly fleet information in Wikipedia. I use the airline for the determining factor referencing Wikipedia for fleet information. Some airline web sites have full seasonal downloadable timetables that show equipment for each flight.

Guest kittie

Very nice site, thank youIn the past I've used Red One Aviation. There was a section there that has Daily Movements. This was a free service, but now does not seem to be loading for me. Does anyone else use this site and are you having problems too?I don't see anything on their site to say that it's pay only.http://icarus.red1aviation.com/index.jspThanks:-wave

At the top it states one time purchase only.

Guest kittie

Yes, that was for real time tracking, but you use to be able to get airport movements for free and now I'm getting nothing.