Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smoky942

AFCAD.....how to

Hi, i'm using a beta version of a military base and want to remove a parking spot which has been placed on a taxi way. When I open the bgl. with AFCAD it shows the size as just over 3500kb. When I save the file after removing the parking spot, it shows as only 23kb. and half the scenery is missing. Any ideas what I'm missing here ? I tried renaming the bgl. with the prefix AF2_ before opening it...but same result.Russell.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

What does error check once you open it reveal? And then error check after you remove the parking spot? Where did the bgl come from? From the scenery folder of the add on scenery? or from another fs location? How many afcads of that airport do you have? Do you use the save command OR the save as command and rename it?

The scenery you are trying to edit incorporates both the "AFCAD" and visual scenery elements in one file. This is how SceneGenX (and possibly some other scenery programs) work, but before blaming anyone for being "different", some of Microsoft's default scenery files have both "AFCAD" and visual data in them as well, so you're problem is really that you are using the wrong program for the job.You should be able to import the scenery into SceneGenX and re-edit it, alternatively use NewBGLAnalyse to de-compile the file, then separate the scenery and "AFCAD" into two files and re-compile. You will then be able to use the AFCAD program to edit just the airport facilities without losing the visual elements.

The scenery is in the Addon Scenery folder. Only one bgl. Knowing very little about AFCADS, the answer from Chris makes a lot of sense. Your answers are much appreciated. I think it will be wise to try and contact the author before messing with it again. Thanks for your help.Russell.