Sign in to follow this  
Guest canadian_airlines747

Rudder Barely Works in Air..Help!

Guest canadian_airlines747

Hey everyone, love the site. Anyway I have a logitech extreme 3d pro joystick that I use with fs2004 on my macbookpro which i run bootcamp with in XP. My problem is on the ground when I twist the joystick the rudder works perfectly and moves the aircraft. When I am airborn however when I twist the joystick the rudder barely moves and the plane does not really change directions. Anyone know why this is?

Guest CL604

Go into your settings and make sure "auto-rudder" is not checked.

Guest Shalomar

Wow, I use exactly the same joystick!Are you really attemting to turn with the rudder? The usual turning method is to use ailerons to enter a bank, rudder just to keep the turn coordinated, and elevator to mantain altitude and pull the aircraft thru the turn.Instead of twisting, to activate ailerons push the stick to the left or right the same way you would pull back or push for elevator.On most panels you will see what looks like a curved carpenter's level in a guage with an airplane that banks when you turn. The main use of the rudder is to keep the ball in the center during normal turns.Best Regards, Donnald T. :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Hi Are you in a jet? Chances are it has a yaw-damper. This will quite often suppress the bulk of the rudder movement in the air if it is switched on. A yaw damper is an automatic rudder control which prevents positive feedback in a dutch-roll. Try switching the yaw damper off and see if it does the trickCheersJames