Sign in to follow this  
geoffco

Maximum number for [fltsim.x] entries?

Quick question: Is there a maximum number for the variants ([fltsim.x] entries) in any one aircraft.cfg file? This question applies to AI use.Thanks,Geoff

I have upwards of 100 repaints in some AI aircraft - I don't what sort of numbers you were concerned about?The Ultimate GA Learjet 45 packages have up to 130 individual aircraft, for example.Nevetheless, if you are installing the most common aircraft (e.g. EvolveAI Airbus A320) is probably worth splitting them up by whatever division is available (e.g. keep CFM and IAE engine models in separate folders). Similarly, keep Aardvark V2 737's segregated into separate Normal, Logolight & Winglet folders.That way, not only is easier to make sure you have the right model= statements etc but it's easier to find an aircraft that has a problem e.g. that annoying moment when you see an AI aircraft with a blank texture parked next to you.Use the ui_type statement to identify the types separately in the FS Select Aircraft menu and in the sim itself if you have Labels turned on. e.g.ui_type=A320-200 CFMui_type=A320-200 IAEui_type=B737-300 logo v2ui_type=B733 Nor v2ui_type=B737-300 v2 wingletThat leads you directly to the relevant folder.

ngxu_banner.png

Guest ha5mvo

I *think* it's 200, I remember I somehow had to deal with this at the time so the number stuck in my memory.

I don't know what the maximum number is, but it's not 200. I have well over 240 in my Airbus 320-200 CFM folder. I also use the method listed above and break out my AI traffic by manufacturer, then model, then variation, then engine type. It makes it much easier to manage very large sets of AI traffic.