Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jet Ranger

"Established on Localizer"

>>I know this is different. I am just noting it, because I have>seen this "violated" by part 91 flyers before and I think this>is how they get away with it. I've never seen part 121>violate it. In the end, I was just trying to say I think the>way some private pilots get away with it is not because part>91 is more leniant, but because they are more ready to switch>to VFR over IFR. Per FAR, no pilot flying an ILS approach>should be descending on the G/S before getting on the>localizer.>If you're flying with people who do this without cancelling IFR, you should say something to them. The FAA can violate anybody that is in the plane that holds a pilot's license. Even if they're sitting in the back seat. Not to mention you don't know what you'll hit if you do start descending before being established. As long as you've cancelled IFR and continuing VFR in VMC, you can do whatever you want.