Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LP_Man

Red Baron

Is there any freeware aircraft of the Red Baron's plane from WWI? I haven't been able to find one.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

There is the now freeware formerly-payware simTECH version. I haven't tried it but actually downloaded the file last night.Do a google search for " simt_dr1.zip " ... it's on another majo download site but maybe avsim forums wouldn't want me to directly link to the site ;-)There's an avsim page of their payware including this but I didn't find the triplane on avsim . Those are all freeware now.http://www.avsim.com/pages/1102/simtech/simtech_triple.html

Since you are asking this in the FS9 topic, you probably require an FS9 DR-1. However, just in case you could use an FSX version, there is a very nice freeware DR-1 available for FSX (only). It's zip is called "dr1_by_neoqb.zip". I don't think it is available in the AVSIM Library but screenshots of it were shown in the AVSIM Screenshots section some time ago, and there was a link provided in connection with them. Perhaps you can find it with a search.Stan V.

I thank both of you for your responses. I got the one file downloading right now (whoppin' 69.5Mb file). I'll take her for a spin later this evening. Thanks! It's nice to have some classic aircraft.

A lot of lift from those three wings at high speed - keep her nose down.In general not what I'd call the best addon aircraft - but it was free and it is really cool to fly once in a while.Range is short - but an hour hand flying an aircraft without much ability to trim is plenty.

>A lot of lift from those three wings at high speed - keep her>nose down.>>In general not what I'd call the best addon aircraft - but it>was free and it is really cool to fly once in a while.>>Range is short - but an hour hand flying an aircraft without>much ability to trim is plenty.Tough to fly but worth the download. Had fun with it.