Sign in to follow this  
Guest astex

Textures giving me problems

Guest astex

This has happened times before, but with this most recent incident I am fed up enough to enquire about it:I was trying to look around the IGFly Domodedovo when the textures would not load. Yesterday, it was fine. Loaded fast, no frame impact, and the textures were up in a second. Today, it took 10 minutes just to load the airport, and another 40 to load the textures. I wouldn't be as angry, but when I changed views, the textures unloaded (leaving everything grey), then took 20 minutes to reload. I started moving along the taxiway when the textures unloaded again. I got fed up and quit after 10 more minutes. What happened? It worked fine yesterday. This is the kind of stuff that really kills my enthusiasm for the sim, so help would be appreciated.I do not think it is my computer... I have the Aerosoft EDDF, and that runs fine. Surely if I can run that, I can run this. And like I said, this worked fine yesterday. Thanks for the help.

I would check to see if you have any programs which are running in the background that are using resources normally available when you are simming.Programs such as a defragger or an automatic updater for your virus protection program etc, might be running in the backgorund without you being aware.Also check any auto scheduling to see if anything is scheduled to "do it's thing" while you are simming.Often the indexing "service" will decide it is time to index your computer while you are simming and this uses resources too. That service can be turned off.Hope this is helpful.