Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speedbyrd

POSKY ver.4 747-400...question

Finally got the screwed up landing gear problem fixed (what an ordeal) and she sits perfectly on the tarmac. 2 questions though:1. plane is burning 8k pph sitting idle with engines OFF! I'm watching the fuel indicator and she's eating it up at a dead stop with no power? WTH? 2. Aircraft also 'skates' across tarmac ever so slightly, especially during startup. It's almost like slewing, but wheels are firmly in contact with ground. I guess these aren't huge problems but I never see it on any other aircraft. Anyone else notice it? Fix?I'm normally not a big POSKY fan, but these particular models are among the most perfect visually and once you get her into taxi mode, she operates beautifully thereafter so I'm willing to put a little time into some minor fixes. Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Finally got the screwed up landing gear problem fixed (what>an ordeal) and she sits perfectly on the tarmac. 2 questions>though:>>1. plane is burning 8k pph sitting idle with engines OFF! >I'm watching the fuel indicator and she's eating it up at a>dead stop with no power? WTH? >>2. Aircraft also 'skates' across tarmac ever so slightly,>especially during startup. It's almost like slewing, but>wheels are firmly in contact with ground. >>I guess these aren't huge problems but I never see it on any>other aircraft. Anyone else notice it? Fix?>I'm normally not a big POSKY fan, but these particular models>are among the most perfect visually and once you get her into>taxi mode, she operates beautifully thereafter so I'm willing>to put a little time into some minor fixes. ThanksNot a hundred percent sure of this BUT!it may be that when you load the aircraft the APU might be on by default.Again i am not to sure about this,but the APU i think has a small engine that is used to provide the power and maybe that accounts for the fuel use.As to the plane creep that is quite a common problem and not just for POSKYs in my experience.It can be a bit dodgy if you are waiting for takeoff at say EHAM with a lot of AI coming and going and you are creeping slowly forward,i have had to resort to slewing backwards in some cases when this has happened.cheers Andy