Sign in to follow this  
G-SWSM

So, You think your FS9.1 is running about as good as it can be !

Guest redtcat2001

Hi guys (an' gals), I think the main problem for most of us with the fs-gs service is this , it's more the fear that they MAY have found that single 'magic bullet', that one single line of code or tick in an embedded menu that will suddenly unlock computer power the like we have never seen, allowing the FPS counter to push the 200 barrier and the graphics to appear indistinguishable from real life. You only have to check the view counter for old threads in these forums that mention any sudden increase in frame rate or ask the age old questions 'will the latest patch/driver/tweak do it for me', and I would believe that the counter has probably gone round the clock for threads that start with the words 'sooo smooooth' or 'all sliders full to the right'. With this in mind - and this is probably the rub - to think that this vital piece of information would not be inserted FREELY into the age old and well worn list of tweaks in the Avsims 'MS FSX Forum/MS Flight Simulator Tips and Tricks' database for us Flight Simmers (who have been passing on our own knowledge base for many years for free) is almost unthinkable. Hence the probably undeserved literary thumping that FS-GS take. Truth is they do provide a service for those who WANT or feel NEED it, it is purely an individual decision, and Michael Greenblatt has explained what his company does very well in the previously referred to thread (Infact most of it is basically what a lot of us do with our computers on a regular basis anyway). For the rest of us - and contain yourselves now, this could hurt - there is unlikely to be a 'magic bullet'. However because I am finacially challenged I must go on believing, 'cos until there is full scientific and factual proof backed up by a full ten year study completed by a well respected body I will still check out that next thread promising flight sim nirverna.Remember, life is to short to worry about these things!!Fred Carter

Fred, if you believe the staff reviewers on Avsim they did a review on the service. It's in the review section. Yeah, when I did the service, there is no one magic bullet. It's a combo of a lot of different things, and it's not a lot of things that we all do on a regular basis, I can guarantee that. It's more than defrags and disabling service, and it's different things for different hardware configs. Things he did on my system may not work on yours unless you have the same exact system. I was financially challenged a few years ago and didn't do it for FS9, but looking back I should have saved the money and did it.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator