Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

OoM errors and /3GB fix

Guest nat2005

Hi Martin,Sorry to hear you are having these problems, hopefully between all of us we can get this problem solved. If what im about to suggest is possible, as im not familiar with this 3GB fix, if you 'undo' the 3GB patch does FS start working properly again? Just to make sure it is all down to this fix.My reason is that i had the exact same problem about a week ago (although in my case my textures never loaded again after they had gone blurry, i had to restart FS, do yours load eventually? If so then this probably wont help) I traced my problem down to one dodgy AI Repaint i had rescently installed, i got rid of that and the textures loaded perfectly again. I don't want to mention any names but we could find it's the same texture causing your problem.Can you think of anything at all you have installed lately?Hope this helps, if not, it was worth a try :)Thanks,Nat

Thanks for the info.Can you still please the name of the faulty AI aircraft? In any case can you tell what was the wrong thing (alpha channel, 24bit bmp...?)Martin, recently I have tried userva=2304 and it looks not to bad for the 1st tries. time and more flights will give a confirmation of this.I also remembered that I had changed my cumulus01.bmpp and cumulus02.bmp files. Reverted to the cloudsfix_v3 in avsim and things were better with respect to stutters when clouds were loadingThanks Ghiom

HiAn update to this issue:discovered I was using "large system cache" as virtual memory option. 'Programs' is supposed to be better for gaming. So I reverted to that.Could it be the reason for our problem?What is the option you use?Thank youGhiom

Guest nat2005

Hi,Where can i find those settings in windows (XP)?Nat

"programs" should be by default anyway.It is under control panel ... system ...advanced... performance ... advanced ...

Guest nat2005

Thanks, yes i had it set to programs.Nat