Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

geoffco

Solved two annoying CTDs - Just for info!

Justy thought I'd share this because I couldn't find this info by searching the forums so had to do a lot of testing... This way the next unfortunate to have these issues will not have to do hours of testing!AI related CTD with module NTDLL.DLLProblem: An AI aircraft with the text for ATC_PARKING_TYPE in ATC_PARKING_CODES by mistake. ie. ATC_PARKING_CODES = MIL_CARGO(there are other reasons why this module might fault but I'm 100% sure this was the problem with my setup)Textures stop loading and FS crashes with FE.DLLProblem: This is a texture problem and, in my case, was caused by having a DXT3 lightmap for an aircraft in the main texture folder but a 32-bit lightmap in the aircraft texture folder...Hope these help someone!Geoff

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>How in the world did you elucidate those? lolWell, it was a lot of fun :)The fe.dll one was obvious in that it happened after I copied some lightmaps to the main texture folder. The idea that one might be the wrong format came quite quickly.The ntdll.dll one was a real pain but I got there by first confriming it was traffic, then isolating the specific traffic file (trial and improvement over 615 bgl files!) and finally isolating the aircraft responsible - I used the AI FPS test which was posted here a while back. Then it was a question of working out what was different about that one plane compared to the other 100+ variations in that folder!Geoff

Wow, sounds like a lot of work! I've been lucky with not having CTDs on this new computer, and even my last system was very good about them, but I don't add much to it either.