Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest RichardGilbertSharpe

Please Encourage France VFR FSAltitude To Develop FS200...

Hello Fellow FS2004 Virtual Pilots:As we all know, we have grown accustomed to the default FS2004 and all the commercial ground texture upgrades blurring and distorting during high-altitude flight. PC specifications and aircraft speed are big factors, as well as how often and when the pilot switches between views (cockpit, virtual cockpit, spot plane, control tower). You literally have to fly ''low and slow'' all the time to see any crystal clear ground textures at all, and even then, they are only crystal clear within a small area immediately beneath your moving aircraft. This is one of the most annoying and unrealistic features of FS2004 in my opinion. Wouldn't it be wonderful to fly virtual transcontinental commercial airline flights with crystal clear ground textures moving slowly by and spreading out in all directions to the horizon under the cockpit window just as in real life?Well, there is an interesting new French flight simulation scenery software company called France VFR FSAltitude located at http://www.fsaltitude.com which is in the process of creating global high-altitude photographic IFR/VFR Microsoft Flight Simulator X scenery continent by continent, but it is not compatible with FS2004. Check this website out. It's really cool! I have recently e-mailed them inquiring as to whether they are planning to release an FS2004-compatible version of this software. They replied back politely telling me that due to many customer inquiries regarding FS2004-compatibility, they will consider marketing an FS2004 release. However, that may or may not happen.I would like to kindly ask all of you fellow FS2004 users who read this to e-mail France VFR FSAltitude at http://www.fsaltitude.com - as I have done -to offer support and encouragement to develop and market an FS2004 version of this wonderful aforementioned FSX scenery. Tell them that global high-altitude photographic IFR/VFR scenery is something that you had always wished could have been marketed for FS2004. That's what I said, and it seemed to have a positive effect. So let's all petition France VFR FSAltitude and give them a big ''thumbs up'' so to speak, the green light to go ahead and develop an FS2004 release of their new FSX global high-altitude photographic IFR scenery for all of us FS2004 fans out here. I can't wait for this to be released for FS2004. It's really awesome. Thank you very much for doing this.Sincerely,Richard Sharpe

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello,I sent the following E-mail to fsalitude."Hello,I was on AVSIM's forum when I came upon a topic by Richard Sharpe that states your company may create an FS2004/FS9 version of your Global High-Altitude Photographic IFR/VFR Scenery.I have always wanted this type of add-on product for FS2004/FS9 and I would purchase this product from your company if released. I just wanted to let you know I am one of many that still uses FS2004/FS9 and will continue to purchase add-ons for this product.Michael J. Swannick"I hope they get numerous E-mails requesting this type of product for FS2004/FS9.

This is the answer I got today from FsAltitude about a possible FS2004/FS9 version:"Hello,Apparently this kind of rumour has been spread via forums, though this has never been the case.Until now we have not considered the FS2004 version to be released.In FSX images are 14.25 m/pixel, and the disk and memory usage are about 10 times less than fs2004 basic texture. With FS2004 such a product should not be possible to use because of this problem (it would be very