Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

FS2004 Time issue discovered

How often does it sync? Just for poops and giggles I've had it checked on my last 3 flights, one a 7hr. haul from EGLL to KBOS and I never noticed it reloading traffic that I saw. I'm not very much a stickler for keeping my eye on the time, burt I would like to know what the local time is where I land.I'll try to keep a better eye on exactly when I take off and land and report back here.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't a refresh of AI involve the screen going black and then "Loading Traffic" progress bar? I don't see that happening on my system.

I think I'm missing something. My point is that I'm not seeing any such AI Refresh and I'm using the sync time feature in FSUIPC. Maybe Pete Dowson has corrected the problem you're referring to?

Hi,Maybe your clocks are not becoming un-synced? Enter a menu screen in FS, walk away for 5 minutes or so, grab an adult beverage and come back and exit from the menu screen. Then see what happens when things get synced. It's not a problem, it's just the way FS is programmed.Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Jim, sorry, I don't mean to flagellate an expiring equine but, for instance last night I flew from EGLL to KBOS, a 7 1/2 hour flight. I use RC v4, and after an hour or so I went to bed, and for the next 6 or so hours of the flight, the FSNav autopilot and Radar Contact ran the show. At 125 miles out, my RC is set to pause the sim, which it dutifully did. I slept an extra 3 hours this morning (no adult beverages last night!!!) and when I came downsatirs, I unpaused the flight and it just picked up right where it left off, with the panel chronometers ticking away again and no AI refresh or anything like that.I do reset the time usually before I fly -- if I'm flying for my VA, for instance, I want my PIREPS to reflect the correct date and time. Would that have any bearing on it? Either way, it appears that the time sync option will keep my sim synced correctly, for what I do at least, and I may not have even needed to buy FSTimeSync at all?Thanks.