Sign in to follow this  
Opa

Disabling Info Bar in Auto Tower

Has anyone discovered a way to disable the green Info bar which advises which tower is being accessed in the excellent AutoTower program by Christoph Langguth?There are several "length of display" options in the ini file but I see no way to disable the display completely.I find it rather distracting when flying.E-mails to the author have been returned as undeliverable and the same question has been posted - with no response - on his website.This is such a great program I do not want to appear "picky" but for me, being able to disable that bar would be "iceing on the cake".Any suggestions appreciated.

Guest chris.eve

David,Not in front of my FS machine at the moment, but doesn't this setting in the autower.ini file do what you want?; The maximum altitude at which a message is shown in Flight Simulator when the Tower position was changed.; Set to something very high (like 100000) to always see the messages, to something very low (like -1000); if you never want to see messages. Note that the actual calculation of the closest tower will always take place; regardless of this setting. The altitude is specified in meters (1m=3.2808 feet),; so the default is 10000 feet.; Default value: 3042MaxDisplayInfoAltitude=3042

I set this to -1000 and I've never seen the autotower messages...Geoff

Thanks guys............That did it.I somehow had glossed right over that set of instructions in the ini file when I read thru it.Twenty lashes with a Wet Flight Plan!