Sign in to follow this  
Old Bill

Star Alliance?

I just saw an Airbus repaint for U.S. Airways "Star Alliance" I was vaguely aware of this Airline before, but always thought it was a Non Western Hemisphere Airline and thus never included it in my aircraft files. Doing a search for Star alliance brings up dozens of paints for Airlines around the world. Needless to say, I'm confused. I can find no Carrier Airline for U.S. Airways called Star Alliance in my Ultimate Traffic Program or for that matter, no Airline called Star Alliance. Gentlemen, enlighten me.Bill *:-*

I see! Evidentally there are only token Liveries(repaints) per Airline. I'm wondering how to incorporate them into my AI without changing all assigned Aircraft of their type? It's a puzzlement!Bill :-roll

If the airline has had a Star Alliance livery for a while, often you'll find that it is already separated in the flightplans so then it's easy.If not, you can decompile the plane and add a new aircraft in the aircraft_XXX.txt file. Then open the flightplans_XXX.txt file and change one of the existing aircraft to be the new livery (often, the plane already exists with the airline so you can search for the registration) .Hope this helps,Geoff

... well, yes and no! Say airline X has 10 A320 aircraft and now one of them gets painted up as a Star Allinace livery: you probably don't have a repaint for each of the ten planes but if it was an existing plane then you can just find that one in the flightplan and change the AC# number to your new livery... If however, the new livery is a completely new plane (ie. A320 no. 11) then I'd pick one at random from the existing ten until new plans became available... Of course, if you have an individual repaint for each plane in a fleet then it becomes more complicated!Geoff

Guest nelsonde

There are plenty of websites that detail which particular aircraft is in which particular livery. Airliners.net has a large database of photos and usually has the most extensive coverage. It's only necessary for the particularly anal retentive among us to make sure that the registrations match the liveries, but that said, you CAN do so if you wish. For me, it's a treat to see unusual liveries when I arrive/plane spot at an airport. The token nature of the Star liveries make seeing one, on FS or real world, make things more interesting. Likewise, when an airline is in the process of changing their livery, it is interesting to see the mix of old and new and how that changes over time. US Airways and Delta are good examples. Using AIG or other MRAI type flightplans make an easy to install means of updating fleet mixes as the seasons march past.Most of the hard work is undertaken by the flight planner, all you have to do is install the liveries and flightplans.Hope this helps,Dave NelsonFly PGV!

Thanks Guys, I'll give it a shot, This'll be my chance to refresh my familiarisation with Traffic Tools. That being said. Most flight plans don't include every serial numbered Aircraft assigned to every scheduled flight. You know as well as I, that if you scanned down the flightline at the busy Airline Hubs, you'd find several aircraft with the same serial numbers. It just ain't a perfect AI World.Thanks again, Bill:-violin