Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

"VIP" parking for user / AI aircraft

I read the "Tips & Tricks" document which shows how to set up VIP parking so that ATC will properly direct you to your own parking spot. I'm not sure the directions are correct. It says to set up the "atc_parking_types" to XXX or your own personal code and to move your parking spot to the TOP of the parking list. It indicates that ATC assigns parking from the bottom of the list and moves upwards. First, I would think that your 'xxx' code will go into the 'atc_parking_codes" line rather than "types". Next, I notice that ATC assigns parking from the top of the list (ie A1, A2, it assigns gate "alpha 1", etc.). Has anyone put this to use and do you think it's correct? I would think you would make your 'airline' code 'xxx' in the aircraft.cfg file. Thanks for any feedback.

Parking codes on the player aircraft are ignored. The only thing that matters to them is the parking area being asked for (ie Gate, North Parking, South Parking, etc.) and the aircraft radius. For example, if after landing you choose Gate parking, it will assign to you the first open gate with a radius closest to, but not smaller than the radius of your aircraft. The best way of getting assigned a parking space of your choosing is by using a "personal radius" setting. Choose an aircraft radius not used by anything else, and then adjust the parking spaces that you want to that, and your user plane to that, and you will have a good chance of being assigned that space on arrival. The XXX code should also be applied on the gate as a blocker to decrease the chances of an ai aircraft being given that gate. You can use programs like Afcad to change the radius size of parking spaces and PAI's AC Parking Manager to change the radius sizes of aircraft.

This is what I had thought, but the Tips and Tricks went off on this whole thing about the VIP parking, etc. It seems to work fine on the AI's but I knew there were different rules for the user plane. OK, one question: How do I change the radius on my plane? I'm ok with AFCAD changing the radius on parking spots, but not sure about my planes. Thanks for your reply.

You can use the Aircraft Editor in the Afcad program.Use it with great caution however - the radius is built into the mdl file of each aircraft and really should not be changed.I use the Aircraft Editor only to verify what radius the author of the aircraft set and then adjust the parking radius if neccessary on the parking spot.My thoughts on VIP parking in Tips and Tricks were intended for AI aircraft, not user aircraft and perhaps I did not make that clear.The first part of my suggestion - setting up a lone parking spot - does work with user aircraft (assuming the radius is suitable) if you request to be sent there. I have mine set up as the document says, and it works fine for me.

Yes, setting up a lone spot say at 'north parking' if that's the only spot in that type, works fine so I'll go with that. Thanks for the clarification.