Sign in to follow this  
Guest Blaster

default flight not aligned w runway help

Guest Blaster

Greetings all, as the heading says i can,t remember how to correct this .did a search but couldn't find it Any help?Best regardsAndrew

You don't say what your default flight is so have to make a couple of assumptions.I assume (always a dangerous thing to do) that your current default flight is at an airport to which you have added an enhancement and that enhancement included a revised Afcad.If your start location is not correctly aligned with the runway, it is probably because the start location(s) in the afcad are a little bit off.It is quite easy to use Lee Swordy's Afcad program to open the airport in question and adjust them.Hope this helps.

Guest Blaster

Thanks David, sorry but its the default flight FS( opens with,the 172 at KSEA.Andrew

You can still use AFCAD and open KSEA and adjust the start locations if need be.

Guest Blaster

Wasn't there a way to resave the flight as default and then have it realign itself?Andrew

Sorry - Ignore my last post about editing the afcad to achieve what you want to do - my thinking cap was not on straight!Simply start up with default flight - slew the Cessna aircraft to where you want it to be - Save the flight (; is the shortcut) and be sure the "make this the default flight" box is checked.The original default flight will not be disturbed in any way if you ever need to use it.You will now have your aircraft set as you wish when you "Fly Now" without making any changes.

Guest Blaster

Many thanks DavidAndrew

You are very welcome Andrew.If you are interested, in Issue 17 (of 24) of my Tips and Tricks for FS2004 series, there is a segment which goes into a little more detail regarding saved flights. I think it will help you understand how FS2004 handles these things.You can get it here:http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...s2004&Go=Search