Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hendrix78

Oh. My Heading keeps changing??

Guest Hendrix78

Ok, alot of strange stuff has been happening since I installed activesky. FS9 is soo much more accurate in terms of weather and environment. BUT lol, as I got wiser on my last question about the wake turbulence there is another annoying feature that has appeared after the installment. Flying a preset heading in an flightplan of 315 for example.. then all of a sudden my heading snaps to 330 and the aircraft banks to realign even tho the heading on the flightplan is still the same... it stabilizes.. then snaps again to 340.Annoying. as the headings on the ILS's is still constant im told on final to turn to 2 when the heading of the ILS is 7 lol.Any ideas?Best regards. Hendrix

Sounds to me like you selected Airways or VOR in your Flightplan rather than GPS. Just a Guess! Bill :-wave :-jumpy

Guest Hendrix78

Well, yes and no. Im using High altitude airways and then fly the route.But thats not the problem. Even on a straight leg with a heading of lets say 230 my instruments "Snaps" to realign.. thats the strange part.Lets take another example. ESSA (Arlanda) has the 1L runway with a heading of 7. the ILS also has a heading of 7.. lol, nothing fishy there.But sometimes, not always when i align to take off the runway heading is suddenly 323 or something crazy like that. once airborne the heading "Snaps" in intervals of.. lets say 1 minute or 2 at the most to the "Real" heading. Why this occur and only sometimes led me to think it was something with the magnetic north switching. but AFAIK there isnt anything like that simulated in FS9.I can be wrong. and/or there is another explanation to this Phenomena.Regards Hendrix

Guest rwrea

All I can think of is: In REALISM settings, make sure "gyro-drift" is not checked and try re-calibrating your joystic and rudder(autorudder off, if u have rudders. And also, recheck Assignments.That's about all I can think of at this minute.......regards,Dick Rea

Guest iflyc77

"In REALISM settings, make sure "gyro-drift" is not checked"beat me too it =]

I had this problem and traced it to a set of "new airport" AFCADs - that is, AFCADs for Airports that don't exist in default FS9.The way I worked it out was by uninstalling all of my sceneries and then installing one by one and checking whether my heading went nuts on load or during a flight.Cheers,Bryn.

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

Guest Hendrix78

>I had this problem and traced it to a set of "new airport">AFCADs - that is, AFCADs for Airports that don't exist in>default FS9.>>The way I worked it out was by uninstalling all of my>sceneries and then installing one by one and checking whether>my heading went nuts on load or during a flight.>>Cheers,>>Bryn.>>Eureka! Exactly this! Man. I was so glad when finally someone other then me had this problem.Its true that I use a addon for ESSA, but the Airport do exist in the original FS9. But u might be right on the money here. I will conduct a thorough trace with these parameters in mind and see what I find.Thanx BrynRGDS. Hendrix