Sign in to follow this  
Guest StRanNgeR

KATL ImagineSim Help please!!!

Guest StRanNgeR

i didnt ask then, i know what they are going to say, they'll say thats its my computer, not theirs, and i've heard a lot of owners say that KATL has this issue when its blurry from far away.

Why don't you ask them why the textures on KATL are different from the other textures from their other airports that you say are showing correctly? We'd all like to know if they are different. It could help solve how to adjust your video card settings. Its clear that you cant render something regarding those textures. Make sure you post back here when you find out so that other people can learn.

Guest StRanNgeR

ok i'll ask them

Guest StRanNgeR

GUYS, I've found the solution for this, i emailed imaginesim Support, and thats what they told me, and i did and it worked. He said the following : The reason is something called MipMapping, a technique used by FS toincrease performance. You can easily remove this MipMapping yourself if it's spoling your experience by using a utility called DXTBMP(http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/programs/dxtbmp.htm). Just installDXTBMP, load in the 'tile' textures from KATL texture folder, removeMipMapping using the drop-down menu, then resave the texture.CHEERS!!!!!! one more problem out of the way. Happy Flying :)

You'll have to do each tile one at a time if you use DXTBMP. There's a batch program just posted in the file library here that allows you to do that on the fly and with multiple files (I believe). Do a search in the AVSIM file library for a file called "bmp2dxt3.zip" or it's Author "MeatWater". That's a new program I haven't tried yet so if it doesn't do the job for you, post here and I have a batch file of my own at home that I'll point you to. Let us know how it all works out! BTW, isn't the the same fix they gave us for those nasty lines at KEWR? Unfortunately, removing MIPS didn't help.

Guest StRanNgeR

well, thats what he told me, i removed all Mips, and resaved them, and not my scenery is awesome :)

Guest blazingcessna

Let me tell you this is not an isolated issue...I get it at times, and other issues with IS KATL. Such as none of my payware sircraft activating the animated jetways... Imaginesim basically told me "Sucks to be you!".My rig is:aOpen LFK series Socket 939AMD Athlon 4200+ OC'ed to 2.13Ghz2GB OCX Platinum DDR MSI nVidia 9800GT PCI-E 16XSB Audigy soundWith EVERYTHING MAXED and FS Locked at 25 (anything higher is a waste of cycles) I get 11-14fps with payware aircraft and 12-16 if freeware or default. I don't see any difference in performance unless I basically minimize everything. I did notice that the blurry texture didn't occur if you set weather to a winter motif. I seems to be a spring/winter problem, since it dosent happen in summer or fall.Imaginesim didn seem to care about that when I emailed them...I don't want my money back, I want the scenery to work properly!