Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest PizzicatoUK

Iris T-6 Texan II question

Hi guys,When you start the Iris T-6 Texan II with the cold, dark cockpit, the aircraft has chocks, canopy covers and Remove Before Flight tags. Part of the checklist says (rather obviously) to remove them, but I have no idea how to do this. The documentation for the aircraft is sparse to the point of non-existent, so any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.Cheers

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't have that particular aircraft but with a number of other aircraft which have such items (sometimes called inbuilt scenery), starting the engine(s) makes them automatically dissapear. Keep us posted.

Hi David,Thanks for the response.In this instance, starting the engines works just fine... but all of the covers, tags and chocks remain in place. After a little more messing about, I discovered that the package comes with an interactive pre-flight checklist, so you can uncheck "chocks" and they vanish, then uncheck "canopy cover" and it vanishes, etc. It's actually pretty cool in a simple sort of way.Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to respond.