Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest QF744

out of the blue weather.dll error

Hi, One day the FS9 was working fine,the next time i get an error referring to the weather.dll.The first time it appeared i had just taken off,then whenever i try to load a flight at 77% it crashes with a weather.dll error. What could be a possible reason for the error appearing? How would i fix it? I have tried to replace the weather.dll with the one off the disk but the sim still crashes and i have made sure the render to texture button is ticked. Please if anyone knows a solution that does not include re-installation of FS9,because i simply do not have the time to re-install. I do not have the FS9.1 patch installed as every time i have tried to install it i get a message saying it cannot be installed and the system needs to restart. The only thing i have done since FS9 last worked that is different is that i installed a sound card (Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Card).Though why would a sound card installation effect FS9? The basics of my system are:- Core 2 Duo E6400 processor Intel DP965LT Motherboard 3GB of onboard DDR2 RAM 8800GT 512DDR3 Graphics Card Western Digital 7200rpm 500GB HD Thanks for any help i can get. Lastly does anyone have any insight into why FS9 is so unstable.You fix one problem then another one appears,you fix that then another one appears and so on... all seemingly without an obvious cause.It is driving me crazy! Thanks. Simon.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Simon,That may not be the type of an answer you expect, but I'll try anyway.Long ago, when I was also using the defualt MFS option to download/modify real weather, I used to get this error.But since I moved on to ActiveSky, no more problems.I suggest that you buy this great addon for many more reasons, too. :)If you dislike the paid idea, there are also some freeware RW weather programmes, I guess.Load you flight with CLEAR weather and check if the problem happens too. Always change/download your weather AFTER loading a clear flight.But if you get the error even with the clear load, looks like a serious problem qualified for reinstall. :(Best regards,Rafal

Hi Simon,I take it that you are asking FS2004 to fetch weather from the web? I used to get this error a couple of times and couldn't find a reason why it should happen as everything was normal.Eventually I did a virus scan of my computer along with spyware/malware removal stuff and the error went away.Try this and it might fix the problem too. But would have to agree with the previous poster that activesky is much better!!!

Hi, Thanks for the responses. No,i was not downloading weather from the web,just using a weather theme from the weather menu. I usually set up my weather either with a weather theme or with Active Sky before pressing Fly Now.But i followed your suggestion of loading a flight with clear weather then changing the weather once the flight was loaded and it worked! no CTD!(Thank God).Thanks for the help.I will do this from now on. I have had FS9 for a few years now and have always set up the weather before loading the flight,up until now, without a problem.Why the sudden problem?Any ideas? Also,as i asked in the original post,why is FS9 so unstable and is there any way of making it more stable and less susceptable to errors? Thanks ,Simon.

Hi Simon What you need to do is to delete the weather.bin file from the folder wher your FS9 config file lives. If you have downloaded real world weather you may have had a corrupted file transfer. FS9 will rebuild the file on reboot.Hope it works for you.