Sign in to follow this  
Guest revporl70

Aeroworx King Air B200 Autopilot problem

Guest revporl70

I just bought the Aeroworx King Air B200 which is a very nice looking plane, but the autopilot does not seem to work. I have it set to GPS, but the NAV setting on the autopilot does not follow the GPS flight plan. The flight director seems to work but not the autopilot. Also the ALT SEL option does not work, I have selected my desired alt. on the alt set dial, but it just ignores it.Anyone have a clue how to get it to work?

Are you using fsnavigator?I ask because I had the same problem, but then realized the fsnavigator autopilot was controlling the aircraft.Also make sure the power switch is on flight director swith on, and also there is a button right beside the yaw damper called ap power or something, cant really remember but its right beside the yd switch, that has to be on also.P.S It's an exceptionaly well done aircraft, I think the best in its class available for fs9.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest revporl70

Thanks for that, it was the ap switch next to the yaw one which wasn't on. I'd been glying about for ages trying to make the AP work! Doh! They should make that one a bit clearer in the manual.You're right, it's a brilliant plane, takes a bit of handling and getting the hang of, buts its all the more rewarding for it.

Guest PizzicatoUK

Glad you got a solution to your problem.I've just finished a flight from Haneda (Tokyo Intl) to Kansai Intl in the Aeroworx B200 and absolutely loved it. It actually took me about 30 hours to start to gain the confidence to hand-fly it, but it now feels incredibly natural. Anyway, have fun with it!

Also glad you got it worked out, now you can enjoy the product at it's fullest.Sometimes it is the simplest things that pass us, It's happen to me many times before.I agree it is very hard to master it hand flying, very easy to balloon or bounce it off the runway, but when you master that aspect, you will feel accomplished :)

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel.