Sign in to follow this  
G-SWSM

Captain Sim 727.

Hi.Before I start, this is Not meant to be a captain sim "Bashing" post, just a request for some help if I may.I have the 727, and must admit I quite like it, the cockpit is very similar to their 707 which helps somewhat.But my problems are with the auto pilot, and thrust.Did the 727 really have so much power that you could end up at 350 kts practically just after take off, but I must admit that I was flying with 0 passengers and about 50% fuel, even though I did not expect it to be that powerful.The second question is regarding the ILS of the aircraft, has anyone else managed to tame it somewhat. I find that it can tend to "Hunt" for the ILS with the aircraft pitching up and down quite a lot etc.Does anyone have any suggestions for these two points at all please.Any thoughts or suggestions would be most welcome.Many thanks.

Guest 413X3

the cs 727 back in the fs2002 early fs2004 days was awesome! I had loads of fun. But the dreamfleet 727 is far superior in every way, I would highly recommend it. Amazing accuracyAnd regarding your issues, the 727 is a rocketship, with no pax and a light load you really need to watch how much throttle you give it. ease back on the throttle, dont go all the way, when taking off. but i do believe there were a little unrealistic thrust on the captain sim model. and the ils is probably the same thing, a little unrealistic, based on a default fs2002 auto pilot.get the dreamfleet 727 from flight1!!-Alex

Steve,I also have the DF727 and it is still my favorite "big" jet. As for the CS727, there is a great tutorial for the CS727 that can be found on this site. Check it out. Also if I remember correctly, you can pull down the DF7272 POH and their tutorial from their web site without purchasing the aircraft.Tom