Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dolph98

AI and the designated driver...

Hi all,I've a question for you AI makers out there. Have you seen the planes acting strangely on landing? Mine do.What I did was to use GATraffic to create an traffic file which includes business jets in addition to all my prop planes. Prior to this I had a separate business jet file and I really didn't notice this occurring, but it could have been there all along. Anyway, my business jets act like they are buzzed or something on final approach, weaving back and forth before dropping to the ground at a rate that surely does severe damage to the struts, tires and probably the airframe. I suspect it's something in the generic .air file GATraffic plugs into the AI birds when they are created but I don't know what I can do about it. Any suggestions would be welcome.Dolph

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Dolph,This kind of AI aircraft instability during final approach and landing is most commonly caused by speeds being too low, anomalies between weights, flap effects, centres of gravity, etc. in their aircraft.cfg files, especially in relation with their respective .air files.The first thing you could therefor try would be to use another .air file from e.g. one of the standard FS aircraft which looks most like the one having your described problems.Copy/paste the chosen .air file into the aircraft folder concerned (leave the old one where it is) and change the name in it's aircraft.cfg file in the section: [fltsim.NN]. The line: sim=XXXXX should refer to the new .air file (but without the ".air" extension). Change all possible other sim=XXXXX entries within the same aircraft.cfg file so that they all refer to the same new .air file name.However, if this doesn't help in any way then you may be obliged to totally replace the AI aircraft concerned with a better developed one.Hope this helps.Hans

Hans,I took your suggestion and replaced all my jets' .air files with their original files. So far so good but I haven't flown to any airports with Jets lately. I see them going across the sky all the time though. I'm watching for strangeness.Thanks,Dolph