Sign in to follow this  
Guest tadeus

Saving FS9...

Guest Limonitius

You better backup all aircrafts, scenery and other importan stuff ad reinstall...

Hello,I too have a rather large fs9 setup on a d: drive. I use an external drive as a backup and then use Acronis True Image to backup the entire d: drive. I have reloaded the d: drive many times after "bad" installs of fs9 addons and have always had 100% restore success. My external drive is a WD MYBOOK (USB). My drive is a 74G Raptor and it take about 30 minutes to backup the system. I have never had success with just saving parts of my system for restore. I also backup my C: drive with the system.Hope this gives you some ideas,Cheers,Ron Sagelnear kchs

Guest ThrottleUp

rjsagel - do you use Acronis to *image* the whole drive or do you use it to back up just the flight sim folder (incremental or differential). I have Acronis 9 and was wondering which to use...I guess the imaging function?

Funny that you should be asking about this given a recent corruption of my system just a week ago. I have had a couple of total reinstalls associated with corrupted system and needing to reinstall XP and fs9.After the second time and when I got a new computer I went to a new approach. I got a dedicated 320 gig D drive SATA for flightsim and all its addons and payware. I have also a complete duplicate copy of the entire layout on another USB 1 terabyte drive.I back up the C:Documents and SettingsBryan WallisApplication DataMicrosoftFS9 folders periodically so that I have a copy of the tweaked FS9.cfg, the aircraft state files and whatever other cfg backups and text files I might have stored there to guide me.I have just had a complete major corruption occur associated with a malware attack and virus infection. The guys at the shop did not do as I had asked and they wiped out my C drive with a reinstall before doing a data backup. My attempt at a disaster recovery with Easy Recovery failed to pull out the fs9.cfg config files. So, I just went to my usb drive and copied them into place and volia my system is completely functioning and configured as I need.Just back up everything so you can copy it back into place, basically it works.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3