Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crash_continental

Wilco A340 FLEX t/o function.

I know people hate this product, and I'm not trying to elicit more Wilco/Feelthere bashing...I was trying out a friend's A340, and he said he's patched it up with all the official patches (1d, I think) but never got it to work. So I gave it a run...OK. Strange autopilot behaviour to be sure, but almost salvagable. It was the FLEX thrust ratings that really messed things up. I have a question for someone out there who regularly uses (and likes) the product; does the FLEX function work properly for you?I mean, using the TPC calculator I got v speeds and FLEX temp as per atmospheric conditions/weights. It seems to me that there is no difference (or very, very little) between the thrust ratings for FLEX 34 and say, FLEX 54. So at light weights there is so much power the autopilot can't control the plane. I'm on intermediate mode; does this make any difference?Also; how do you find trim settings for it?- danielp.s. Again, please no 'it doesn't work because Wilco sucks', if you can help it :)p.p.s. I was bordering on buying this myself, despite the bugs. What stopped me dead was the closed forum!! Wow... why?- daniel

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>I'm on intermediate mode; does this make any>difference? ... Also; how do you find trim >settings for it?in beginner and intermediate mode the trim is set automatically. in expert mode you can set, and must figure on your own, the trim.i set my trim between +1 and +2. lighter closer to 1, heavy closer to 2.>So at light weights there is so much power >the autopilot can't control the plane. I'm >on intermediate mode; does this make any >difference?if you don't follow the fight director to have correct initial climb rate and activate the autopilot in an 'overspeed' situation (ie, not at V2+5/10) you will have a challenge as the plane will chase IAS by commanding a HIGHER pitch.remember: Abus 330/340 are designed to fly heavy and long distances. if you are 'light' you will see 'rocket like' performance. add to this FS isn't the best at modeling how planes perform differently across their flight weights (this is why, for example, the fanda dash-8 has multiple FDEs). the wilco/feelThere Abus V2 perform better when loaded 2/3+ MTOW.>... the closed forum!! Wow...these two forums can be searched for information (you are likely to hit an answer(s) 90%+ of the time) -http://www.iemit.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=26http://www.iemit.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=27this forum is open for you to post questions -http://forum.iemit.com/Default.aspx?g=forumonce registered post in Unofficial technical discussion products developed by feelThere.--edit: typo--

Great thanks. (I do of course follow the flight director)But about the FLEX ratings? I'm sorry, I should have been more clear, this is what I'm most interested in. I'm not sure this is fully implemented; at least, there doesn't seem to be much difference between 35C and 65C. (Something like, depending on conditions, 92.5% N1 and 91.7% N1)I could find nothing on the forums pertaining to my particular problems, which is why I like an active forum for my payware. Even if the mods can't help there are usually some informed members who can.Thanks again for taking the time to answer...- daniel