Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Qeustion regarding nhancer

I was looking through the nhancer menu, although I have nothing activated as i do not want to lose any oerformance, i was looking at one selection under "compatibility" In that section there is a option for "CPU multi core support" Should I turn that on if I have a multi core machine?I ask because i know fs9 cannot take advantage of multi core machines, but this selection peaked my interrest.Thank you

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

If you goto the Menu bar you can click "Online Help" to learn what each setting does in nHancer.From the online help:CPU Multi Core SupportnVidia started to utilize the advantages of Multi Core CPUs in Forceware 80 and later drivers. This can improve the performanceof Multi Core systems significantly, even if the game doesn't support Multi Core CPUs directly.With this option you can disable the driver's Multi Core support, which can be usefull if the Multi Core support causes problems or just to see the performance gain of this function.If you don't mind me asking, why do you run nHancer if you aren't going to use any of its options?Todd

No I dont you asking at all, I dont run nhancer, I just have it downloaded because a past thread peaked my interest on the program, so i downlaoaded it to see what its all about, but never really used it as I dont want to affect my frames too much as i dont have many to spare.Thats why i was hoping that selecting CPU multi Core Support would speed it up and then be able to use some of the features in nhancer.Thanks for pulling that help topic up, So im guessing by what it says it can improve performance even on games that dont support multi core. I guess ill give it a try next time i go flying.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest Jeffhew

I use NHancer exclusively. I have great visuals and much more control than without it. When set properly for your system, you shouldn't lose FPS. I have mine set to multi-core.This is right from the Nhancer program. "nVidia started to utilize the advantages of Multi Core CPUs in Forceware 80 and later drivers. This can improve the performance of Multi Core systems significantly, even if the game doesn't support Multi Core CPUs directly.With this option you can disable the driver's Multi Core support, which can be usefull if the Multi Core support causes problems or just to see the performance gain of this function.This setting enables the driver's Multi Core support."Hope this helps you.Regards,Jeff*EDIT* Well, I guess I read through the thread too fast. Didn't see the exact same answer above. DOH!! Sorry.

Guest rwrea

If u read the Link I sent, it will tell you: multicore for Vista and NO for XP. Regardless of your CPU.Dick