Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest easytigerJet

Aargh - CTD on start - please help

Hello kind peopleI'm used to FS9 and its sporadic CTDs (normally texture-related) but this is a new one on me.When I start FS - the splash screen loads, then the screen goes full-screen and black, and the programme stops. No error messages.Sometimes, the desktop resolution is also changed to its lowest setting.If I try to restart the sim - there is an error message on loading along the lines of "you have duplicate copies of FSUIPC" - I click ok - and the sim crashes without an error message.I have recently installed some updates to installed sceneries, but otherwise have done nothing else.A system restore to when the sim was functioning normally has not resolved.If anyone can help, I would be very grateful!Rob

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi RobEasy now.If you get a FSUIPC error at startup, try to move all FSUIPC files from the Modules Folder to another location and see if that helps.Have you tried to delete (or move) the FS9.cfg file and force the program to generate a new one?Do you eventually have a backup of your last scenery.cfg file. Then try to replace with that one. Whenever I install new scenery, I always backup the old scenery.cfg file before installing - just in case!Hope you figure this out.RegardsHenrik

Rob here (on my work-PC login)...The FSUIPC problem was resolved thanks to a trip to Pete Dowson's forum.However, I am still getting a crash/hang after the splash screen has loaded and the scenery database has updated but before the sim has loaded fully. I've been over to MS knowledge base, and while there appears to be an answer there somewhere, none of the fixes suggested has done the trick.I've rebuilt the FS9.cfg and uninstalled and reinstalled FS9 (losing all my AI traffic files in the meantime - doh!).If anyone has any sharp ideas, I'd be very pleased to hear them!Rob