Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest XQ-NUE

I need help, Malfunction in Scenery (Picture)

Hello,since some days I got a malfunction within the FS2004 Scenery.When flying over oceans the only thing I can see in dry land.The strange thing is that this malfunction does still display Islands (as you can see on the picture) incl. their Coastlines but some miles away from the coastlines land gets created.Unbenanntdb8dd210jpg.jpgI found out that Ultimate Terrain Europe is causing this problem but I do not want to delete UTE so is there any solution without deleting UTE?I would be very happy about some help to solve this problem.Many thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't have UTE, so can't really help. But my guess, looking at your graphic, is that a landclass file is installed that is causing the problem.In FS, the normal situation is that land is displayed over the whole earth. The default landclass file has a special entry which defines a water texture. MS uses this in the area of the default file which covers the oceans. That way, there is no need to create any special scenery for the oceans -- only the area within a few km of the coastlines. But, if you install a landclass that defines any non-water terrain for those open ocean areas, MS will show land unless a special scenery is created. Note that at a distance (around 60-100 km) from your aircraft position, FS switches to a low-quality terrain system. In the low quality system, only the default land and water class files are used, any addon landclass is ignored. That's why you see the land in a "+" shape around your aircraft (this is sometimes called the "iron cross" due to its shape). The "strait" with water between the aircraft position and Italy is probably the near-shore area which UTE has defined specifically as water.So, if my guess is correct, you need to hunt down what bgl file is the landclass file causing this. scott s..

Hi, thanks for your answer. I found the problem. It is indeed a problem with an ignored landclass file. I managed to solve it when I deleted UTE and installed it again. But I still do not know the exaxt reason but fortunately the problem is gone and I hope it will never come back.Thanks for your answer!