Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest fisherm

freezing at loading terrain data at 52 %

I am running into an issue where after I select my aircraft and airport, it freezes on the "Loading terrain data" progress bar.I am wondering where I would look as far as troubleshooting to figure out what might be causing it.My system is a Dual Core 3.0 MHZ with 2 GB ram, and 1.1 GB FSB.I am using a NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 video card.My hard drive is a 73GB Raptor 10000 Thanks for any input or suggestions.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>I am running into an issue where after I select my aircraft>and airport, it freezes on the "Loading terrain data" progress>bar.>I am wondering where I would look as far as troubleshooting to>figure out what might be causing it.>>My system is a Dual Core 3.0 MHZ with 2 GB ram, and 1.1 GB>FSB.>I am using a NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 video card.>My hard drive is a 73GB Raptor 10000 >Thanks for any input or suggestions.>>Is this a "new" issue - one which did not happen until recently?If so, what have you added in the way of scenery or aircraft in recent days/weeks?Also, what Operating System are you using?With a few more details it is likely someone can offer good advice.

I would disable the most recent scenery you might have installed and then see if the sim loads. Also make sure you have selected the *default* Cessna 172 and also a *default* airport.In other words dont load anything modded.