Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Restart Radar Contact 4 while in flight

On a 250 mile flight yesterday I mistyped the 1st VOR waypoint and didn't discover it until about 15 minutes into the flight. The 1st waypoint was 2800 miles away! I went back into the section that I made the flight in and deleted the BAD 1st VOR waypoint. RC4 still had me heading for this 1st bad way point. I stopped RC4 and restarted it but as you probaly know I was already 15 minutes into the flight and then on the restart RC4 had me taxiing to the active runway and then holding....... I could not get past this holding on the runway part in RC4, yet in the RC4 info window on my panel it still had me heading for the 1st BAD waypoint and the active runway which by now was 10 zillion yards away, AND with RC4 running the default ATC is locked up and you can not reach them. Anyway to get past this "taxi to runway--(on the restart) and hold part of RC4. Like in Flight Deck Conpanion you can key, " Ctrl/Spacebar to get past a certain point in the commands or "Ctrl/Shift/Spacebar to go backwards. Anyway to do this in RC4? Thanks jerrycwo4

Hello JerryJerry you keep maintaining that "with RC4 running the default ATC is locked up and you can not reach them" this is simply not true as I proved to you last week.If RC can do as you want then trust me it will be in the Manual somwhere.There are two really good sources of help regarding Radar Contact, The Official support forum here at Avsim and the 300 page manual supplied with the productBoth resources you seem determined not to use. Why?

Or a simpler solution would be to just request direct to the second waypoint, assuming that it's good.Works for me if the odd dodgy waypoint finds it's way into the plan (or indeed any disagree between the RC route and the FMC route while I'm away from the computer).