Sign in to follow this  
TopGun

Approach hold with Lonny Payne 757 Panel

Hi there, How do you enable the approach hold function with this panel? I recently tried a coupled approach, but the autopilot failed to lock on to the localizer with the approach button engaged and the NAV 1 set to the rwy ILS freq.Thanks for any assistanceJ.C. (MYNN)

Guest DanWalloch

Does anyone know when he will release his 767 panel...it looks outstanding.

I don't really know, since I hand-fly all of my approaches...but I might suggest checking the other CMD button next to the one that lights up for the "normal" autopilot functions. If I recall correctly, you have to turn that button on before the auto-land function will work.Is this even close to what you were talkign about? If you're strictly talking about a localizer hold, then I'm afraid I have no help...Who knows, maybe I'll try the auto-land thing next time!

Guest lou ross

Very simple. Read the documentation that was downloaded with the panel, page 33, under the section called AUTO LAND. After reading it, any questions?